Internet Content & New Media Officer III
Selection process number: 2023-CAP-BNP-EA-005
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
***Important Information and Instructions***
1. You must provide contact information for 3 work references.
2. We will only accept on-line applications received via the jobs.gc.ca website.
3. This position is located in Banff, Alberta. The work associated with this position must be carried out in-person at the Banff Administration office.
No cover letter required – Respond to questions in the on-line application.
NOTE: When submitting your application to this selection process, you will be required to answer screening questions to demonstrate how you meet the essential qualifications (education and all essential experiences).
Your job application must clearly demonstrate that you meet all the pre-screening requirements in order to move on to the next step. Please explain how you meet the essential criteria of education and experience. Do not forget to specify the period during which you have held each function (month and year), and where you acquired the qualification. The answers to the pre-screening questions will be the main source of information that the assessment board members will be using to determine whether you have the essential qualifications for education and experience. Your resume must corroborate your answers to the pre-screening questions. The lack of information in the form requested may result in the rejection of your application. Additional information may be requested after closing date for screening and/or assessment purposes.
Some of the duties of this position include:
• Being responsible for creating dynamic and innovative digital communication products and strategies
• Advising on current social media trends and Government of Canada guidelines
• Working multi-functionally with field unit functions
• Providing sound advisement regarding projects, including analytical data
Be part of an inspiring team! Parks Canada is a world leader in natural and cultural conservation, Canada's largest provider of natural and historic visitor facilities and manager of destinations that form the cornerstones of the Canadian tourism industry.
Have you ever thought of establishing a career in one of Canada's most amazing and iconic places? Canada's national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas offer opportunities to work in unique locations and live the ultimate Canadian experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, why not consider a career for the Parks Canada Agency? We offer:
• Rewarding work in every corner of the country
• Learning opportunities that promote individual and organizational excellence
• An opportunity to experience our rich natural and cultural heritage first-hand
• Employment with dedicated colleagues in a well-respected federal organization
• An opportunity to connect with Canadians at their most valued natural and cultural treasures
Intent of the process
This process may be used to create a list of qualified candidates to staff similar positions with various tenures, security levels or linguistic profiles in same or other parts of the country.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
Contact information for 3 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
Graduation with a degree or diploma from a recognized university or college with specialization in web design, computer science, communications, educational technology or other discipline relevant to the position or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience in a field related to the position.
Please note: proof of education will be required at time of interview.
• Writing and editing content for websites and social media channels for a variety of audiences
• Conducting research and analyzing the effectiveness of websites, including statistics and trend analysis of web metrics to improve effectiveness of online communications
• Project management
• Contributing to the visitor experience by monitoring and responding to online visitor enquiries on social media platforms
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
• Knowledge of Banff National Park and Parks Canada, its mandate, objectives and programs
• Online communication principles, current and emerging techniques and practices
• Software and web technology related to the development and maintenance of web sites
• Assess needs, conceptualize and develop the most appropriate online communications products
• Work with and advise multi-disciplinary teams on the development of online communications products
• Analyze research findings in the development of effective web-based content
• Exercises sound judgment
• Takes responsibility
• Personally connects with people
• Makes things happen
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
The following qualifications may be applied and/or assessed because they are beneficial in carrying out the duties of the position. They may be used in screening, assessment or determining right fit for this selection process, so please describe how you meet any of the following criteria.
• Knowledge of Parks Canada policy and standards for internet and social media communication
• Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform when required
• Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial/territorial holidays, when required
• Willingness to work and/or travel in varied terrain, weather conditions, isolated locations and by various means of transportation
Conditions of employment
MUST BE MET PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT
• Obtain and maintain Reliability Status security clearance including fingerprints
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license or equivalent
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. In support of achieving a representative workforce, preference may be given to qualified candidates who self-identify as belonging to an employment equity group such as Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2+ youth, minority Francophones, and members of racially minoritized groups and encourage applicants to self-identify in their application.
The Parks Canada Agency is established as a separate employer in the Federal Public Service under the Financial Administration Act. Persons appointed to the Agency continue to be part of the Public Service. The Parks Canada Agency operates under its own human resources framework outside of the Public Service Employment Act and in line with values of fairness, competence and respect, and its operating principles.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Persons who are in receipt of a Canadian Government Public Service pension and are considering this employment opportunity with the Parks Canada Agency, should contact the PWGSC Public Service Pension Centre (1-800-561-7930) in order to determine the impact of an appointment on their pension benefit entitlements.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Cassandra Smyth, a / Digital Communications Lead|
- Date modified: